Thursday, March 12, 2009

27 disember 2009(Sun)

I reach the camp at 2.30pm. I got down the bus take my belongings and move to the padang kawat. The trainer ask us(trainees) to line up two lines. The trainer give a room number to everyone of us with a form. If you want to be in the same conpany with your known friend, just exchange the room number with another person. We move to the dewan to have lunch(curry chicken, cucumber, watermelon rice and sirap). The dewan is a combination of canteen and a place to held seminar. After eating, I register myself and pass up the forms. I handed my handphone to the trainer for safekeeping. The trainer only allowed the used of hanphone on saturday and sunday. The trainer will check our belongings for illegal items to bring in camp such as cigarette, sharp objects like fork and spoon, drugs and so on. Sadly, they do not really check trainee belongings to every detail. There are people manage to smuggle in cigarette. My mosquito-repeller-wristband got confiscated. Any kind of medicine is keep by the trainer in the medic. When you need to use the medicine, you have to go medic see the medical asistant to take the medicine. After that, I went to the logistik to collect PLKN issue items.

The list of PLKN issue items:

  1. Two sets of PT shirts(Two track bottoms, two PT shirts, two pairs of white sock, one pair of sport shoe and a baseball cap). Used for doing sport.





  2. Two Sets of Class Uniform(Two class pants, two class shirts, two pair of black socks, one belt and one pair of black shining shoe). Used for going in Class CB and so on.





  3. Two Sets of Celoreng Uniform(Two celoreng pants, two inner celoreng, two celoreng shirts, one thick belt, one pair of spiked boots, two pair of long grey socks and berret). Used for marching practice, jungle treking, M16 rifle shooting training.





  4. Others such as kiwi(shoe polisher), brush(for polishing shoe), two big rubber band(used in wearing full celoreng) and two towers.

Please make sure you know your uniform size before you attend PLKN so that you get the correct size. One funny thing when the staff give you the uniform the size is totally off. The staff gave me a size 40 pants instead my size 32. I went to my dorm(room) to unpacked my stuff. I share the dorm about 15 people. After that, I went to the dewan to get bed-sheet, pillow case, blanket, pad-lock(with key), metal-tray(look like the tray serving roti canai) and metal cup from the staff. I have to wash the metal tray and cup myself after eating. The dewan also have a shop selling foods and drinks. I eat dinner(rice, curry fish, tauge, salted egg and watermelon at 6.30pm. We keep the tray and cup ourself. The bathroom was horrible. There are cold water available to bath. The shower doesn't have sprinkler and like host pouring down water. There no place to hang clothes inside the dorm. You can hang the clothes in the locker but it will make the other clothes smelly or wet. Supper(cream cracker) is served at 10.30pm. After that, I went to dorm. I sleep at 11.30pm. It is very difficult to sleep. One reason, I was sleeping in a different environment which I am not used to yet. I woke up several times at night.The toilet is very dirty.This is where we wash our clothes.Some people like to used basin the hard way.

The shower doesn't have sprinkler.The water is very dirty. This is actual tap water!

1 comment: